@your SiRVis... Simon Francis Blaise R. Vistro wants to be known as SiRVis (an amalgamation of his name, profession and penchant for service). He is a polymath wannabe in the fields of training and education, civic voluntarism, sports, arts, travel, photography and social networking. Born and raised in Dagupan City, he is a staunch advocate of the preservation of Pangasinan language, arts and culture. Follow me on: Twitter. Facebook, Tumblr, Plurk.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Video Tribute to Dr. Francisco Sionil Jose

This is a video tribute I made for our National Artist for Literature, Dr. Francisco Sionil Jose. He was conferred with a Degree Doctor of Humanities, Honoris Causa by the University of Pangasinan.



I am proud to be his aide de camp during his visit and conferment. I fetched him at the Star Plaza Hotel where he and his wife stayed. I held his bag and assisted him in walking. He also tasked me to safeguard his eyeglasses and his conferment speech which he eventually gave me after the event.

It's not everyday that one gets to be with a National Artist and a Hero! I'm lucky indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...